ORGANIC IS A CHOICE
FOR US ORGANIC IS A CHOICE TO FURTHER OUR WHOLESOME TO THE CORE VALUES BY FOCUSING ON HEALTHY LIFESTYLES THAT SUPPORT OUR CONSUMERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT WE LOVE.
Read about each organic fruit type we grow!
Rainier Fruit Company grows and ships fresh eating gourmet apples worldwide. In addition to America’s favorites, we supply various types of apples including one brand grown and sold exclusively by us.
APPLE NUTRITIONAL VALUE
There is overwhelming scientific research proving apples promote good health. Apple nutritional benefits include numerous vitamins, minerals, and nutrient.
Some of the latest research indicates that eating apples every day may help prevent illnesses such as cancer and heart disease.
To maximize your apple-eating experience, follow these simple tips for selecting, handling, storing and preparing fresh apples. An apples skin should be shiny, dull appearing apples won’t be crisp and tasty.
- Select apples that are bruise-free and handle them gently to prevent bruising.
- Select apples that are firm to the touch.
- The refrigerator is your friend! Though it might be tempting to display apples in a fruit bowl, it is best to store your apples in the refrigerator to slow ripening and maintain flavor. A properly refrigerated apple keeps longer.
- Store your apples away from strong smelling foods to prevent them from absorbing unpleasant odors.
- Wash your apples in cool water before serving.
- When serving sliced or diced apples, coat them in a mixture of one part lemon juice to three parts water or in vitamin C-fortified 100% apple juice to reduce browning.