Fruit Quiche with Apples & Gorgonzola
- one premade crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring premade crust to room temperature. Unroll and place in 9″ pie plate or quiche pan. Prick crust a few times with a fork. Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat and add diced onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to skillet, add diced apples and cook on medium-low heat for another 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper (use salt judiciously as the cheese contains salt). Remove from heat once the apple is soft and lightly browned.
- Spread onions on premade crust, then add apple. Sprinkle cheese over the onion and apple.
- Whisk eggs gently in a medium mixing bowl, then whisk in cream. Add salt and pepper, and pour over the apple, onion, and cheese.
- Bake on lower rack of oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove when mostly firm and center jiggles only slightly.
Quichemas, Breakfast, Brunch, Easy, New