Jicama Apple Salad
- 3 sweet-tart apples (Pink Lady, Lady Alice, Jonagold), cored, unpeeled and small diced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and small diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and small diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely minced
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or ½ tsp. honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl, whisk together apple juice, vinegar and agave nectar with salt. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue to whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine apples, jicama, cucumber, onion, pepitas and chives. Stir in the vinaigrette and combine well to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with more pepitas and chives.
Salad, Side, Gluten-Free, Quick, Easy
Courtesy of Chef Alexandra I. Lopez and USApple