Grilled Brats with Apple Cabbage Slaw
- 6 bratwurst (approx. 6 per pound)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 head savoy cabbage (about 1 lb), shredded
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat the grill to medium hot. Add the brats and cook until internal temperature teaches 160 degrees F. about 15 minutes, turning as needed.
- Combine the rice vinegar, honey, mustard and salt in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until well blended. Add olive oil and shake to mix. Chill until needed.
- Combine the cabbage, apples, and red pepper in a large bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.
- Place about 2 cups slaw on 6 serving plates. Top each with a cooked brat.
Main Dish, Entrée, Quick, Easy