Sautéed Pears with Yogurt and Honey Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large pears, such as Bosc, Concorde, or Anjou, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of fine salt
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup low fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium high heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of fine salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and yogurt; stir until smooth. Set aside.
To serve, place the pears in a shallow bowl. Top with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle over peanuts. Serve immediately.
Breakfast, Brunch, Gluten-Free, Easy, Quick