Waldorf Fruit Slaw with Bacon
- 8 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 apples (such as Gala or Fuji)
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels.
Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and celery seeds in a large bowl until combined. Slice the apples and pears into matchsticks, then add to the bowl with the dressing along with the celery, carrots, walnuts, raisins, parsley and bacon. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Omit bacon for vegetarian-friendly option.
Salad, Side Dish, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Easy